lunedì 21 gennaio 2008

"Sometimes, a hug is all what we need" (J.Mann)

Hi, everybody!
I was surfing the Net when I run into Chiara's blog. She's a peer of ours who put in her blog a wonderful video from YouTube, entitled "Abrazos gratis". She took that video during her staying as an Erasmus student in Alicante (Spain). When I watched the video, I was touched. It's about a group of young people who offer free hugs to strangers in the streets. It's wonderful seeing how many people stopped to hug one another: women, men, children, old men and women... everybody wanted a hug, maybe they needed it in that moment. Anyway, try to watch the video and judge by yourself.

It's moving, isn't it? I love seeing people smiling and hug one another. In my opinion, a hug is the best way to demonstrate your love to those next of you. I feel closer to other people when I hug them.
At the end of the video a name appears: Juan Mann. I didn't know who he was so I typed his name in Google. I found out that he's the man who first invented this initiative in 2004. Thanks to him, now a Free Hugs Campaign exists: it became a real movement with joiner from all over the world. There is also an official website, you should visit it. Juan Mann writes: "In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of the Free Hugs campaign became phenomenal". For him, the hug is the "symbol of human hope" and I agree with him. We all should reflect about it!
As I wrote to Chiara, try to image what would happen in the world if the world's heads of state hugged one another during their meetings...Wouldn't the world be better?

Martina

Nessun commento: