martedì 25 marzo 2008

Padova-Dickinson: 2nd week

[Photo from Google Images]


Hi, everybody!
How are you? And what about your Easter break? Mine was very relaxing! I spent the last few days pigging myself and staying with my family. I ate sooooo much dark chocolate! ;-)
The classes are going to begin on Thursday, so I still should be on holiday but in fact I am not! I have so many things to do for university that I have to work hard in the next few days! :-( Well, it doesn't matter...In the end, university is my work, isn't it?
Let's speak about our exchange with Dickinson's students. Last Wednesday we talked with them once again; it was our second conversation. Fortunately, I was supposed to speak with the same girl I had during our first exchange. She's Marigny, a very kind girl. We were supposed to discuss about terrorism both in Italy and in America. We prepared for that topic on Monday. I had to search for pieces of information about Italian years of lead because I wasn't prepared to discuss about it. I'm a little ashamed about it, but that part of Italian history is very contemporary and we rarely study it at school. For this reason, I had to read up on years of lead.
Anyway, Marigny and I didn't speak about terrorism at all. During the first 30 minutes we chatted typing because there was another lesson in our class and we couldn't speak all together. We chatted of this and that, I asked her how was her spring break. I knew that she went on a journey with her bestfriend so I asked her about that. I'm happy because she wrote me that my written English is good! All these posts on my blog bore their fruits!
However, speaking is always more difficult than writing. Marigny and I both agreed about that! She finds more difficulties in speaking Italian. I think its obvious because she has been studying Italian only for two years. The first time we spoke in Italian we had some difficulties so this time Marigny prepared some questions to ask me in Italian. She asked me about my spare time, music, films, actors. So we didn't speak about terrorism!
Anyway, I'm very happy about this exchange and above all about my American peer. She's so kind! Yesterday she sent me an email in Italian. She even sent me the link to subscribe to Facebook. During our conversation, she mentioned it but I had no idea of what it was! Now I'd like to ask her how to use it. I really hope that this is the begin of a new "international friendship"!
See you soon!
Martina

Nessun commento: