mercoledì 16 aprile 2008

Final project and Skype exchange

[Photo from Google Images]

The semester is about to finish...time flies! Now it's time to think about our final project. We're organized in new groups and I'm not going to skype with Marigny anymore. My new American peer is Kelsey, who studies English Literature at Dickinson. I spoke with her yesterday, during the Skype exchange... She's a very nice girl! Anyway, yesterday I chatted with Marigny as well...We want to keep in touch, I'm very happy about that! :-)

Well, in my new group there're 5 people: Alberto, our secretary ;-) , Serena, Alice, Kelsey and me. Yesterday, at the beginning of our Skype exchange, there was a bit of confusion... It's really hard speaking in 5! Anyway, we managed doing it and, at the end, Kelsey said that it's fine if we skype all together. I think it's the best thing to do, even because we have to work all together on the wiki page.

Our final project consists in writing a wiki page about a cultural topic, comparing American and Italian culture. Yesterday we spent almost one hour and a half deciding our topic! I had no idea it could be so difficult. To tell the truth, we decided the fist topic quickly at first. We thought that the American dream could be an interesting topic. But in fact it was not! We should compare a cultural aspect that both Italy and America have, but the American dream seems to be only American. So...We eliminated this idea. We discuss a lot about other possible topics but no one seemed to be good: music, health system, education, immigration...In the end, we decided to speak about university life, comparing the differences between America and Italy. I know it's quite banal, but I think it will be amusing. As Sarah suggested us, we'd like to focus on particular aspects of university life here in Italy. For example, the particular way in which we celebrate our degree (papiro, terrible jokes, the tunnel, the "dottore-dottore" song). I really like this idea, don't you?

See you!

Martina

Nessun commento: